Sunday, January 10, 2010

184,000 in the bank -- but there could've been more.

Yesterday I hit the 190,000 gold mark. I cheated, though; my shaman finally dinged 80, and after securing crafted blues for his chest and shoulders to replace his heirloom gear, I (a) passed the mail shoulders and chest off to my DK, (b) trained up his level 80 spells, and (c) shipped off his gold to my banker -- just a shade under 2000g if you're curious. Now after months of leveling, he'll be leaving Dalaran once a day to do the JC daily and cutting the gems my DK transmutes. He'll be a goldmaking bot but he'll net me at 1000g in profit every week if he only does the bare minimum. Seems sad, but at least he's not like my paladin, who raided at the bleeding edge up to the second or third week post-3.1 and now basically logs in to smelt titansteel. The shaman's in quest blues and greens and is eagerly awaiting the Cataclysm and the opportunity to max out JC and enchanting when that hits. I'm confident he'll be meleeing his way through postapocalypse Azeroth in a few short months.

So about that 190,000 gold; it turned into 184,000 courtesy of a GDKP run of TOC25. Only one true upgrade dropped for me, and I bought that. Plus, I picked up some Trophies, and redeemed one on my way out of the Argent Tournament grounds for a Tier 9.3 piece. After this week of dailies I'll be rockin' a sweet two-piece set bonus. I have an awkward extra Trophy as well, which is clearly third-wheelin' it and needs a partner. So I have to raid TOC25 at least one more time in order to get my raider up to speed. This GDKP run was interesting; people were getting really gunshy when bidding on a piece of loot hit 2000g. Makes me wonder; why don't they flinch about paying thousands of gold for a crafted BOE item, but the BOP stuff from raids doesn't fetch that? I think it's because people think that dungeon loot is "free" and they feel weird paying for it. Luckily I know better than that, and I was able to snag something from every boss except one -- and get over 1000g back when we downed the last boss. Also I was pulling upward of 4000 DPS and that was only good enough for 16th on the damage meter. Now that's humbling.

So now I basically need to not get bored with making gold so that I can hit the cap. Don't get me wrong -- I have been getting very bored. And I think people have been catching on to the low-level enchants I've been selling to make ridiculous profits: the mats for those have been getting terribly expensive, and with the prices of epic gems dropping like a rock, my profits are coming pretty strictly from transmutes, smelting, and the piddling few hundred gold I make on glyph sales every couple of days. But 30,000g should be easily doable before Super Bowl Sunday and after I give my friend his gift, I'll be able to relax on the obsessive goldmaking front. Well, kind of; the fact that I'm planning on leveling my DK and priest to 80 now are effects of the goldmaking craziness. What am I getting myself into?

No comments:

Post a Comment